It’s easy to get carried away with your thermostat settings during the hot Arizona summers. While it’s great to lounge in a perfectly cool home, your utility bills can easily shoot up if you are not careful. For this reason, many people are wondering what the ideal temperature setting for their AC is.
Whether you need answers to your AC questions or someone reliable to install your air conditioning, you can count on the finest air conditioning service in Scottsdale, AZ to help you with any AC-related issues and questions you might have. Keep reading to learn about the best thermostat settings for your unit!
What is the best temperature to set your air conditioner on?
So what’s the perfect thermostat setting for your AC unit? Well, it depends. If you want to keep cool, but don’t care about your utility bills being too high, then set your AC temperature exactly the way you like it. However, if you want to keep your bills in check, especially in the extreme Arizona temperatures, here are some guidelines to consider:
- If you want to save money, it’s recommended that you keep your temperature setting at 78°F while you’re in the house. This setting allows you to stay comfortable and avoid high utility bills.
- While you’re away, try increasing your thermostat settings to around 85° while you’re at work and you’ll save as much as 10% on your energy consumption. Raising your thermostat settings during the summer helps you save energy by slowing down the flow of heat into your home.
- Getting a programmable thermostat allows you to adjust your temperature settings to your schedule. You can preset your desired temperatures for weekends or holidays and forget about your AC settings while you’re away.
What is the best ac temperature for sleeping
We all know how unpleasant it is to be either too hot or too cold while sleeping, especially in Arizona. If your nights are filled with incessant tossing and turning, you must be wondering what the ideal temperature for sleeping is.
Of course, the temperature which is ideal for you would not necessarily be comfortable for everybody else. However, there are some general considerations to be made if you want to ensure you get a good night’s sleep. Here are some recommendations:
- Experts claim that cooler temperatures are actually better for sleeping since they match the natural decrease of our body’s temperature dictated by our circadian rhythms. That is why they recommend sleeping in temperatures ranging from 60 to 67 degrees.
- For this same reason, your bedroom should be kept cooler than the rest of your home if you want to ensure a comfortable sleeping atmosphere.
- If you’re sleeping with your partner and you don’t find the same temperatures comfortable, try to find a neutral temperature setting that would be acceptable to both of you.
- The best sleep temperature for babies and toddlers should be a bit higher since they lose body heat faster. Keep it between 65 and 70 degrees to ensure they sleep well.
How do I put the AC in sleep mode?
The best idea for ensuring a night of restful sleep is to make use of your AC unit’s sleep mode. Using the sleep mode function will help you maintain a comfortable temperature during the whole night. Here’s how it works:
- When you set your desired temperature in sleep mode, your unit’s inverter will work hard to attain the set temperature value.
- Once the temperature is right, the inverter decreases its use of energy, but still maintain your desired ambient temperature.
- When you fall asleep, your unit will then raise the temperature by half a degree and keep it that way for four hours, ensuring you wake up in a comfortable temperature early in the morning.
Utilizing your unit’s sleep mode allows you to sleep comfortably at all times and cut down on your energy costs while you’re at it. So, use this great tool if you want to ensure you never have to worry about waking up too hot or too cold.
Hire foremost air conditioning service pros in Scottsdale AZ
Finding the ideal temperature setting for your home can be tricky if you want to be comfortable and energy efficient at the same time. However, if you follow the advice we’ve provided, there won’t be any need for you to cool off at Big Surf during sizzling Arizona summers.
Whether you want to learn about some early symptoms of AC compressor failure or why your AC unit makes strange noises, count on Hughes Air to give you all the answers. If you also need someone to install or repair your AC, our seasoned technicians will do it swiftly and efficiently. Reach out to us today!